Hua is a full time Professor at the Centre for Applied Informatics (CAI), Victoria University (VU). Before joining VU, he was a Professor at the University of Southern Queensland (USQ) during 2011-2013. He obtained his PhD in Computer Science from USQ in 2004.
Hua has over 200 peer-reviewed research papers mainly in data security, data mining, access control, privacy and web services, as well as their applications in the fields of e-health and e-environment.
K. Cheng, L. Wang, Y. Shen, H. Wang, Y. Wang, X. Jiang. Secure k-NN Query on Encrypted Cloud Data with Multiple Keys. Accepted by Transactions on Big Data. 2017.
Y. Shen, T. Zhang, Y. Wang, H. Wang and X. Jiang. MicroThings: A generic IoT Architecture for flexible data aggregation and scalable service cooperation. Accepted by IEEE Communications Magazine, May, 2017.
M. Peng, W. Gao, H. Wang, Y. Zhang, G. Tiang, Parallelization of Massive Text Stream Compression Based on Compressed Sensing. Accepted by ACM Transactions on Information Systems. 2017.
Y. Zhang, Y. Shen, H. Wang, J. Yong, X. Jiang, On Secure Wireless Communications for IoT under Eavesdropper Collusion. IEEE Trans. Automation Science and Engineering 13(3): 1281-1293 (2016).
J. Zhang, H. Li, X. Liu, Y. Luo, F. Chen, H. Wang, L. Chang. On Efficient and Robust Anonymization for Privacy Protection on Massive Streaming Categorical Information. IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, no.1, pp. 1, 01/2015; DOI: 10.1109/TDSC.2015.2483503.
Y. Zhang, Y. Shen, H. Wang, Y. Zhang, X. Jiang, On Secure Wireless Communications for Service Oriented Computing, IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, no. 1, pp. 1, doi:10.1109/TSC.2015.2478453
J. Ma, L. Sun, H. Wang, Y. Zhang and U. Aickelin, Supervised Anomaly Detection in Uncertain Sensor Data Streams, ACM Trans. Internet Techn. 16(1): 4:1-4:20 (2016).
Postgraduate research students & fellows
Hua has supervised 10 students to completion.
19 PhD students and 3 Research Masters.
- Y. Zhang: Increasing data quality with group associations in outsourcing environments. ARC discovery project. $378,000, 2018-2020.
- LP150100673, Y. Zhang, H. Wang: Privacy Preserving Data Sharing in Electronic Health Environment. $540,000, 2015-2019.
- DP0988465, H. Wang (CI): Limiting disclosure of private information in relational database systems. $245000, 2009-2011.
- DP0774450, J. Li and H. Wang (CI): Privacy preserving data sharing in data mining environments, $165,000, 2007-09.
- DP0663414, H. Wang (CI): Protect information sharing within distributed collaborative environment, $97,000, 2006-08.
- Detection and prevention of data exfiltration by insiders in database systems, Excellent 100 experts in Shangxi Province, RMB 1,000,000, 2013-2015.
- Wireless Network, Funded by Hong Kong City University, US$10,000, 2012
- Access control in Cloud Computing, Funded by Stavanger University at Norway, $US 11,000, 2011.
- H. Wang, Y. Zhang, Distributed sensors algorithms in wireless sensor networks, funded by the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), Japan Yen $1280,000, 2008-09.
- H. Wang, Z. Zhang, J. Yong, High performance and robust network, Research Infrastructure Program, USQ, $67,000, 2009.
- Y. Zhang, H. Wang and so on, The ARC Research Network in Enterprise Information Infrastructure (EII) Taskforce. Service Computing and Business Process Management, $50,000, 2005-2006.
Areas of expertise
- Big Data
- Business Process Modeling
- Cloud computing
- Data Mining
- Network security
- Social Network