Dr Himanshu Shee is a Senior Academic in Operations and Supply Chain Management at Victoria University, Melbourne.
He has published more than 87 peer-reviewed publications in international journals and at international conferences. Dr Shee's research spans supply chain integration, supply chain analytics, E-supply chain, operations strategy, distribution sustainability, Cloud and IoT technology adoption, 3PL services and firm competitiveness across industries. He is a positivist with expertise in survey data analysis using SPSS and SEM.
Dr Shee has broad teaching experience in operations management, supply chain management, international supply chain structure and global procurement and was recently awarded outstanding educator of 2017 by the Dean. He also received the Vice Chancellor's award for Research and Research training for HDRs in 2017.
Dr Shee holds degrees in Engineering (B.E. and M.Tech), Management (MBA), and a PhD in Management studies. He is a regular reviewer for supply chain management journals and conferences and is Associate Editor of Int. Journal of Global Business and Competitiveness and an Editorial Board member of IIMB Management Review Journal. He is a chartered member of CILTA and CIPs.
Shee, Himanshu (2011) Firm Competitiveness: Case of Software Firms, 1st Edition. Germany: Lambert Academic Publishing & Co.
Refereed journal articles
Shee, Himanshu, Miah, SJ., Leon, Fairfield, & Pujawan, Nyoman (2018) (forthcoming). Cloud-enabled process integration improves supply chain performance and firm sustainability: The moderating role of top management. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, Accepted. [ABDC listed A-ranked].
DeVass, Tharaka, Shee, Himanshu & Miah, SJ (2018) (forthcoming). The effect of “Internet of Things” on supply chain integration and performance: An organisational capability perspective. Australasian Journal of Information Systems, 22(4), 1-29. [ABDC listed A-ranked].
Banchuen, Pongpak, Sadler, Ian & Shee, Himanshu. (2017) Supply chain collaboration aligns order-winning strategy with business outcomes, IIMB Management Review, 29(2), 109-121.
Sangam, Vijay. & Shee, Himanshu (2017), Strategic outsourcing objectives drive 3PL selection criteria in India, International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management, 27(1), 20-39.
Malihi, Kristina & Shee, Himanshu (corresponding author) (2017). Strategic vehicle-import supply chain: a paradigm shift in Australian automotive industry. Asian Academy of Management Journal, 22(1):103-130.
A full list of Dr Shee's publications can be found on the Victoria University Research Repository (VURR).
DeVass, Tharaka, Shee, Himanshu and Miah, SJ. (2018). Effect of “Internet of Things” on supply chain digital integration and firm sustainable performance, A paper presented in 16th ANZAM Operations, Supply Chain and Services Management Symposium on Entrepreneurship and Global Supply Chain Management Driving Sustainability and Social Innovation, CQ University Brisbane, 3-5 May 2018.
Teddy, Laxmana, Shee, Himanshu and Thai, Vinh (2018). Managing container flow performance in import supply chain at Indonesian ports, A paper presented in 16th ANZAM Operations, Supply Chain and Services Management Symposium on Entrepreneurship and Global Supply Chain Management Driving Sustainability and Social Innovation, CQ University Brisbane, 3-5 May 2018.
Wang JJ., Shee, H., Sadler, I., Lou, Cathrine. (2017) Benefits and risks of outsourcing to China, and the solutions to the problems – a case study of an Australian company. Paper accepted for presentation in 31st ANZAM conference, 5-8 Dec 2017 at RMIT Melbourne.
DeVass, Tharaka, Shee, Himanshu and Shah, Miah (2017). “Internet of Things” as creative disruption of supply chain digital integration process: Australian retail industry perspective. Paper accepted for presentation in 31st ANZAM conference, 5-8 Dec 2017 at RMIT Melbourne. [Received the Best paper award in Technology, Innovation & Supply Chain Management stream, and 31st ANZAM Excellence Award 2017].
Teaching and Coordination
Specialisation Advisor for Undergraduate Supply Chain and Logistics Management Course
- BMO2203 E-Supply Chain management
- BMO3123 Integrated Supply Chain Management
- BMO5574 Supply Chain and Logistics Management
- BEO5305 International Supply Chain Structure
- BEO5307 Global Procurement
- Supervised and co-supervised 15 PhDs and DBAs
- Currently supervising six PhDs and DBAs
Smart Logistics-Smart City Amalgamation: The moderating role of disruptive technologies. (CI); and Designing a Cloud-Based Solution Platform for Supply Chain Stakeholders in Small and Medium Enterprises (CI) from VU Research School, Sustainable Industries and Liveable Cities in 2018-19, totalling $36,000.
Supply chain process integration for improvement of chain performance: role of cloud computing (CI) from VU-CRGS and external grant in 2015-16, totalling $29,500.
Organisational capabilities, leadership and competitiveness: a comparative study of enterprises in Australia, US, India and Fiji (CI) from VU researcher development grants scheme (RDGS) in 2007-08, totalling $25,000.
- Chartered member - The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport Australia (CILTA)
- Research Associate - Institute for Sustaianble Industries and Liveable Cities (ISILC), VU
- Professional member of the Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM and ANZAM-OM)
- Member of Academy of Management (AOM), USA
- POMS USA conference
- Associate Editor - Interantional Journal of Global Business and Competitiveness
- Editorial Board Member in IIMB Management Review Journal
- Editorial Member in Operations and Supply Chain Management: An International Journal
- India-Sub Continent Decision Science Institute (IS-DSI) Conference
Areas of expertise
- Buyer-supplier relationship
- Competitive capabilities and collaboration strategies
- firm competitiveness
- Interview-based qualitative research
- Logistics outsourcing strategy
- Sales and operations planning
- SPSS and Structural equation modeling using AMOS
- Supply chain competitiveness and strategy
- Supply chain integration and strategy
- Survey-based empirical research
- sustainable supply chain management