Dr Himanshu Shee
Senior Lecturer, College of Business
Dr Himanshu Shee is currently a Senior Lecturer specialising in supply chain & logistics management and SAP-APO module.
He has successful teaching experience across Australia, China, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Fiji and India. Dr Shee has a good track record of research, publications and higher degree research supervision with publications in many peer-reviewed journals. He has presented papers in POMS, EUROMA, Academy of Management, ANZAM-OM and IS-DSI India. He authored a book on Firm Competitiveness: Case of software firms.
Dr Shee has been successful in grant applications at Victoria University on:
- organisational capabilities, leadership and competitiveness
- facilitating collaborative teaching and learning via PHOENIX platform
- supply chain process integration for improvement of chain performance: role of cloud computing.
He supervised many PhD & DBA research scholars in the supply chain area. With expertise in SPSS and SEM, his broad area of supervision includes sustainable supply chain, S&OP process, logistics outsourcing, buyer-supplier relationship, and Australian automotive supply chain management.
Dr Shee has been appointed as Associate editor and reviewer for International Journal of Global Business and Competitiveness (IJGBC), reviewer for supply chain management: an international journal, journal of business review and conference papers. Recently he was nominated to International Advisory Board as member in ISDSI-India for 2015. He has chaired many technical sessions at ISDSI-India and IIM-Bangalore conferences.
Firm Competitiveness, Case of Software Firms, 2011, Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany
Journal articles (selected)
Donato, Matteo., Ahsan, Kamrul., and Shee, HK. (2015) (forthcoming). The Influence of Resource Dependency on Collaboration in the Construction supply chain, International Journal of Procurement Management, [Accepted on 9 Feb 2014]
Limoubpratum, C., and Shee, HK (corresponding author), and Ahsan, K. (2015) (forthcoming). Sustainable Distribution through Coopetition Strategy, International Journal of Logistics: Research and applications. [Published online 17 Nov 2014].
Singh, Sonal, RD Pathak, HK Shee, Azhar Kazmi, and David Parker. (2013). Interplay between entrepreneurial characteristics, organisational structure, corporate culture and SME performance: empirical results from Fiji Islands, Int. Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, 18(2):229-245.
Nsenduluka, E. and Shee, HK.(corresponding author) (2012). Organizational and Group Antecedents of Work Group Innovativeness in the Service Sector", Journal of Asian Business, 24(3): 57-84.
Shee, HK., VanGramberg, B. and Foley, P. (2011). Capability and Practices enhance firm competitiveness under competitive intensity: a SEM approach, Internal Journal of Global Business and Competitiveness, 6(1):1-15
Conference papers (selected)
Limoubpratum, C., Shee, HK (corresponding author), and Ahsan, K. (2015), Influence of coopetition and freight consolidation on sustainable distribution, Paper accepted for presentation at Academy of Management (AOM) Conference Canada, August 2015.
Downard, A., Shee, H.K. (corresponding author), and Sadler, I. (2015), Validating the Elements of a Supply Chain Dyadic Relationship: A Qualitative Review, Paper accepted for presentation at ANZAM-OM Symposium, RMIT, June 2015.
Shee, Himanshu and Kaswi, Surahman (2014). Behavioral causes of bullwhip effect: MSCs vs. LSCs, Attended and presented paper in 21st EUROMA 2014 conference, Palermo, Sicily, Italy (20-25 June 2014).
Pongpak, B., Sadler, I and Shee. H. (2011). Improved Collaboration to link Manufacturing Strategies with Order winners in Thai Industries, A paper published in the proceedings of the 18th EUROMA Conference (Theme: Exploring Interfaces) 3-6 July ,pp.1-10, Cambridge UK
Singh, S, Pathak, R., Shee, H., Kazmi, A., and Parker, D., (2011). Success Mantra for Small and Medium Enterprises in Fiji Islands. A paper presented in 71st Annual Meeting of Academy of Management (Theme: West Meets East: Enlightening, Balancing, and Transcending), San Antonio, Texas, August 12-16, 2011
Undergraduate course: Bachelor of Business (Supply Chain and Logistics Management)
- BMO2202 Purchasing & Supply Management
- BMO2203 E-Supply Chain Management
- BMO3123 Integrated Supply Chain Management
- Chartered member- The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport Australia (CILTA)
- Fellow of Institute of Logistics and Supply Chain Management (ILSCM), Victoria University, Melbourne
- Professional member of the Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM and ANZAM-OM)
- Member of EUROMA conference.
- Member of Academy of Management (AOM), USA
Areas of expertise
- Buyer-supplier relationship
- Competitive capabilities and collaboration strategies
- Firm competitiveness
- Interview-based qualitative research
- Logistics outsourcing strategy
- Sales and operations planning
- SPSS and Structural equation modeling using AMOS
- Supply chain competitiveness and strategy
- Supply chain integration and strategy
- Survey-based empirical research
- Sustainable supply chain management