Annie coordinates the fieldwork component of the BA Community Development and the Masters of International Community Development programs.
She has been involved in human rights advocacy and community development work in the Asia Pacific region, and more locally, has a strong interest in refugee issues.
She facilitates both local and international student placements and organises biannual symposia, at which students present on their fieldwork projects.
Areas of expertise
- Consulting with students to ascertain their interests and supporting suitable placement experiences
- Encouraging peer learning through the sharing of fieldwork experience in workshops and symposia
- Facilitating good relationships with a broad range of community organisations
- Facilitating mutually beneficial links between organisations and students
- Working with students both one-on-one and in groups to strengthen their understanding of community development through their fieldwork placement experience