All Moondani Balluk staff maintain close links and relationships with the Aboriginal community, government, partners, our students and researchers. We work to:
- provide assistance and support for students
- promote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander research and researchers
- collaborate with and support community groups
- partner with government groups, including:
Moondani Balluk is a culturally safe and supportive place for Aboriginal students and staff at Victoria University. Moondani Balluk means ‘embrace people’ in the Woiwurrung language of the Wurundjeri people.
Moondani Bulluk provides a wide range of information, services and support for Aboriginal students and staff. We offer:
- courses and units with an Aboriginal focus
- student assistance and support
- cultural activities for staff and students
- academic, personal and cultural support
- networking and professional development opportunities.
We also support Aboriginal research and researchers.
The work of Moondani Balluk is informed and guided by the University-wide Aboriginal strategy, Bathlemun Yalingwa.