Victoria Graduate School of Business' MBA makes top ten in Financial Review's 2011 BOSS Ranking

The Victoria Graduate Business School (VGSB) is proud to have made the Australian Financial Review (AFR) BOSS top MBA list. Of the twenty-one participating universities, the VGSB ranked 6th.

AFR conducts its rankings of Australian MBA programs every two years. Research for the 2011 rankings is based on an alumni survey focusing on alumni satisfaction, professional improvement, and the MBA's value for money - worth 55%. The remaining 45% is based survey of the Schools within the University which examines accreditations received, entry requirements and quality of staff - with an emphasis on academic qualifications, current business experience of staff, and research output. Our recent success is due to the flexibility of our MBA, and the quality of our staff.

Our research performance over the last few years has exceeded many universities in Australia. We cultivate a productive research culture, which generously rewards staff for the quality and quantity of their research output. Disciplines within the Faculty of Business and Law have excelled in research and consultancies in the fields of Business and Management, Information Systems, Tourism, Education and Applied Economics.

The benefits of high levels of research, and ranking third in terms of top research amongst Australian universities offering an MBA, include:

  • teaching that are informed by research
  • students learn about the latest research findings in areas of expertise, cementing our commitment to keeping abreast of the latest trends
  • a research reputation that may make applying for government research funding more accessible
  • attracting top researchers in business to join the university
  • instilling confidence in industry to engage in consultancies with the university

Our classes are delivered face-to-face (weeknights, summer, and weekend intensive mode) by top-rating academics who are experts in their fields. Students, teaching staff and industry guest speakers co-create the student learning experience. Victoria University achieved five stars for Staff Quality in Hobson's 2011 Good Universities Guide.

Our MBA offers flexibility in terms of course entry and exit options available to students (e.g., Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or MBA). Students also have the flexibility to choose from over 50 elective units to tailor their MBA, including Human Resources Management and Industrial Relations, International Business, Innovation, Knowledge and Change Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Sports Business, and Hospitality, Tourism and Events Management.

Victoria University provides students the opportunity to combine the MBA with the Master of Accounting, professionally recognised by CPA Australia; the Master of Business (Enterprise Resource Planning Systems); and the Master of Business (Finance).

The full results of the survey, plus our Business Education special, are published in the September issue of Financial Review BOSS.

See all news