If you finished your assessments or you’re about to graduate, it’s time to return library books.
After completing your assessments, visit a campus library to return the library books that you borrowed for your studies.
Access My Library, using your MyVU login, to see what items you have on loan and check the due date of your books.
Loan periods vary depending on the type of item you borrowed (standard or restricted loans). See Membership & Borrowing.
If you completed your studies at Victoria University and will soon graduate, VU Library congratulates you on your achievement. Please return library books so we can support other students in their studies.
As a VU alumni, you can apply for external membership to borrow print books only.
Returning items on time
Return your items by the due date to any campus library during opening hours. Self-service machines for borrowing or returning your items are located within most campus libraries.
Outside of opening hours, use the following external return chutes:
- Footscray Park Campus, Building P, return chute located just outside the main entrance to the Library
- St Albans Campus, Building 7, return chute located to the left of Library front door
- Werribee Campus, Building 1A, return chute to the right of Building 1A main entrance.
If you have overdue items, please phone +61 3 9919 4266.
Check your email for VU Library email letting you know when a standard loan has been automatically renewed, or if you've reached your maximum borrowing time. Please ensure that you return items by the due date in the email.
Opt in to receive free SMS library reminders about items to be returned:
- log into My Library, and under 'My Library Links' click 'Opt in to receive library notices via SMS'
- enter your mobile phone number with no spaces e.g. 0412345678
- tick the box to 'opt in' and click Submit.