Whether you are on or off campus, you can chat online with a librarian for advice and help with finding, accessing and using library resources and services.
Using chat, our library staff can guide you in your search for information for assignments, exam preparation, postgraduate studies, and assist with other library questions.
Get help finding VU Library resources, such as:
- library guides
- e-books and eJournals
- online videos including LinkedIn Learning videos
- past exam papers.
A Librarian is available online to help you when you do a Library search. The pop-up window ‘Do you need help?’ will appear soon after you do a search to assist you with finding a resource.
Our Librarians can also give you guidance on:
- accessing items from other libraries (CAVAL and ArticleReach)
- accessing research resources such as research papers
- document request service
- referencing and copyright.
Chat, part of the Ask a Librarian service, is available during HE semester until 22 November 2019:
- Monday–Thursday, 9am–8pm
- Friday, 9am–5pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 11am–3pm.
Outside of HE semester, from 23 November 2019 to 23 February 2020, Chat is available Monday to Friday, 9am–5pm, except on Victorian public holidays and during University closures which are:
- Christmas Day holiday: 25 December 2019
- Boxing Day holiday: 26 December 2019
- University closures: 23 December 2019 – 1 January 2020
Ask a Librarian service
You can access the Ask a Librarian service: