Wherever you are, you can chat online with a librarian for advice and help with finding, accessing and using library resources and services.
Using chat, our library staff can guide you in your search for information for assignments, postgraduate studies, and assist with other library questions.
Get help finding VU Library resources, such as:
- library guides
- e-books and eJournals
- online videos including LinkedIn Learning videos.
A Librarian is available online to help you when you do a Library search. The pop-up window ‘Do you need help?’ will appear soon after you do a search to assist you with finding a resource.
Our Librarians can also give you guidance on:
- accessing academic integrity modules in VU Collaborate (see Student Guide Academic Integrity)
- accessing items from other libraries (ArticleReach)
- accessing research resources such as research papers
- document request service
- referencing and copyright.
- Monday–Friday, 9am–8pm
- Saturday (including public holiday Anzac Day, Saturday 25 April) and Sunday, 11am–3pm.
Chat may not be available on public holidays, but the service will operate on Anzac Day, Saturday 25 April 2020.
Outside of HE semester, Chat is available Monday to Friday, 9am–5pm, and may not be available on Victorian public holidays and during University closures.
Ask a Librarian service
You can access the Ask a Librarian service: