We are seeking student nominations for the VU Council, with nominations open from 26 March 2020 to 8 April 2020.
VU has always benefitted from having elected student members on its governing body: the Council.
The voice of the students is highly valued, particularly during this time of transformational change at VU. Membership on the Council provides a valuable leadership opportunity and professional experience for student representatives.
The position to be filled at the Council election is 'Student member elected by and from the students of the University'.
The term of office will commence 1 August 2020 and will expire 31 July 2022.
Students eligible to nominate for this position on Council must be:
- resident in Victoria
- enrolled in a minimum of a 0.5 fraction of the fulltime study load applicable to an award course at a Victorian campus of the University.
Student candidates must complete all sections of the nomination form and are invited to submit a policy statement of up to 400 words in support of their nomination.
- Download the Nomination Form for One Member Elected by and from Students.
- Send the completed form to [email protected]
Important dates for the Council Student election
All nominations must be received by Governance and Secretariat Unit ([email protected]) by 8 April 2020 at 4pm.
A ballot will be required if more than one nomination is received for the category.
All times are AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time, which is relevant in Melbourne).
- Nominations open 9am, 26 March 2020
- Nominations close 4pm, 8 April 2020
- Election opens 9am, 21 April 2020
- Election closes 4pm, 4 May 2020
Find out more
To find out more about VU Council: