VU Sport Scholarships and the elite athlete support program are available to current (enrolled) Victoria University students.
They assist outstanding VU athletes to balance their studies with the demands of elite level sport and help emerging student athletes in their pursuit to compete at an elite level.
Sport Scholarships provide student athletes with financial and in-kind support for competition and training fees, international travel and University representation. They also cover access to fitness centres and health services including the osteopathy and massage clinics.
Elite High Performance Scholarship
The Elite High Performance Scholarships are the University's Peak sporting scholarships awarded to one (1) outstanding male and one (1) female student athlete.
Emerging Elite Scholarship
The Emerging Elite Scholarships are for emerging student-athletes demonstrating significant potential to reach elite levels. Available for two (2) males and two (2) females.
Aspiring Elite (equity based)
Emphasising VU as the University of Opportunity, these Scholarships are awarded to student athletes who come from one or more defined equity or personal disadvantage groups and who have the potential to reach the elite level in their sport. Equal scholarships are provided to males and females, targeting new students with at least 70% drawn from the Western Suburbs of Melbourne. Available to six (6) students (minimum two (2) female).
Equity groups may include:
- Indigenous Australian decent
- non- English speaking background
- challenging family circumstances
- financially disadvantaged
- regional or remote origin
- disability or medical condition.
Apply for a scholarship
Applications close on Friday 22 June 2018.
Apply via the 2018 Sport Scholarships Application Form
- Applications open: Monday 7 May 2018
- Applications close: 5pm Friday 22 June 2018
- Scholarships selection panel reviews applications: late June - mid July 2018
- Recipients notified: Late July 2018
- Sport Awards evening: Thursday 15 November 2018.