Victoria University’s tennis expert Dr Stephanie Kovalchik, is currently a Research Fellow within ISEAL and holds a joint appointment at Tennis Australia, where she works as the lead data scientist for the Game Insight Group. She received her PhD from UCLA, where she focused on statistical techniques like multi-level modelling, prediction, and machine learning.
What sort French Open can we predict this year? Sharapova has missed out on the wild card; Roger Federer is giving the entire event a miss, while Nick Kyrgios faces an uncertain future due to a hip injury.
Dr Stephanie Kovalchick, a professional with extensive media experience, is available for interview to discuss the following:
- Did Sharapova deserve a spot given her performance on clay so far? How does the cause of her 15-absent influence her right to a wild card?
- Eighteen time major winner, Roger Federer is skipping French Open. Is he trying to extend career? Is this strategy likely to work?
- Who are Stephanie’s Hot Picks for the French Open.
- Who is on form…and who isn’t.
- Will it be Nadal, Murray, Djokovic, or Theim?
- The French Open could mark the return of Petra Kvitova. How will she cope with the pressure?
- Which female player will take the title if Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova are off the court?
Contact our Media Team to arrange an interview with Dr Kovalchik.