Applications are open for the Youth Innovation & Entrepreneurship to China Program, held 7 to 19 July.
The Victoria Business Confucius Institute is collaborating with the University of International Business and Economics (UIBE) to offer this unique opportunity to young entrepreneurs in Australia and the USA.
The tour includes visits with successful business entrepreneurs in Beijing and Shenzhen – with sightseeing to the Great Wall and Forbidden City.
Highlights of the tour
- Work with one of the best start-up mentors
- Face-to-face meetings with investors and experts who will share advanced management practices
- Opportunities to work with young entrepreneurs from top universities in the U.S. and Canada
We will visit with some of the largest business groups in the world, including:
- Alibaba retail group
- DiDi ridesharing
- Huawei telecommunications company
To be eligible you must fit into one of these groups:
- principal partners of a start-up project (in operation for no more than five years) or
- university students with a mature business plan.
Projects related to China will be given priority.
Key start-up areas include:
- international trade and business
- sharing economy
- cultural industry.
Application closing date: 20 May 2019
Tour: 7 to 19 July 2019
Expenses in China, including accommodation and domestic travel, are covered by a scholarship for successful applicants.
Students are responsible for their own international flight, visa application fees and insurance costs.
Places are limited, so apply now!
Send your application to VBCI before 20 May, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send materials describing your startup project to support your application:
- Your contact details (name, phone number, email)
- Your CV or link to LinkedIn profile
- A written business plan and/or video or other supporting materials
A panel of experts will select the best applications and accompanying videos, and inform the successful participants by 31 May.