Join the Victoria University Business School (VUBS) career coaching symposium to get a head start on your career.
Please note: the forum has been postponed and will now take place 27 October 2022.
We invite all the business students of Victoria University to join us for VUBS career coaching symposium on 27 October 2022. This event is designed to equip you with the knowledge and confidence you will need for career success.
Every attendee will get an attendance certificate.
You will have the opportunity to hear from leading industry partners and employers on a range of key issues including:
- how to stand out in a competitive job market
- how to reach employers
- the importance of successful networking
- what employers are really looking for in business graduates.
9–9.30 am: Registration – VUBS.
9.30am: Welcome and acknowledgement of the country – VUBS.
9.30–9.45am: Associate Professor Romana Garma, Head Victoria University Business School
9.45–10.20am: Key note speaker – Reg Johnson, Director, Cisco Education and Strategic Industries, Australia and NZ, Melbourne.
10.20–10.50am: Tea break
10.50–11am: Richard Ferrier General Manager – VIC - CPA Australia
11am–12.30pm: Industry panel discussion with industry partners
- Ashleigh Rennison, Higher Education Partnership Manager at Institute of Managers and Leaders (MIML)
- Jen Clark Careers Engagement Manager – SA/NT, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Gavin Fernandes, Senior Partner Manager, MYOB
- Larnie Brown, Head ,Organisational Change management for the Information and Digital Delivery function, Worley
- Rachel Zablan, Best Practice Assessor, Professional Standards & Business Support, CPA Australia
- Matt Harrison, Managing Partner Hope and Glory Recruitment.
12.30–1.30pm: Lunch and networking with industry panel
1.30–2.30pm: VU Employ introduction and workshop
2.30–3pm: VU Alumni Panel Discussion
- Thai Ngo, HR, Business & Career Strategist, and Founder, You Want Group
- Milly Gunn, Head of People & Culture, Adore Beauty
- Jasna Cvetic, Senior Business Analyst, VMCH Melbourne
3pm: Afternoon Tea and Networking with the VU Alumni
CPA Australia Main Sponsor
Charted Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ ) - co-sponsor
If you have questions about the event, please contact [email protected].