The 2021 VU Students: Women Get Active Program is a dedicated program to assist female students at Victoria University. This program is targeted at women who want to improve knowledge and understanding about barriers for women, as students, to participating in sport and physical activity through education and resources, whilst also providing an opportunity to participate in sport and recreational activities in a fun and supportive group environment.
Sessions are run every Wednesday, 3pm - 4pm, from 20 October 2021 to 10 November 2021 (4 weeks).
Each session will start with a 20 minute education workshop followed by a 40 minute physical activity session.
The education workshop topics are:
- Session #1: Benefits of Physical Activity
- Session #2: Identifying Barriers and Ways to Overcome Them
- Session #3: Motivation
- Session #4: Goal Setting
Physical Education sessions will include: Yoga, HIIT, Zumba and Circuit.
VU Sport will also have a number of 3 month gym memberships to give out to participants for VU's on-campus gyms!
Who can participate
VU Students who identify as female.
This program is ideal for beginners, people who have limited experience in exercise or knowledge of the area or people who want to include being active into their current lifestyle.
Why participate in the VU Women Get Active Workshops
- Improve your knowledge of health and fitness.
- Experience some new and exciting physical activity opportunities in the comfort of your own home.
- Participate in sport and recreational activities in a fun and supportive group environment.
- We have many 3 month gym memberships available to give out to participants at VU’s on-campus Fitness Centres!
How to join
Register online and VU Sport will get in touch with more information.