The Very Useful Information Sessions are free sessions designed to help international students:
- meet other students
- look for a job
- learn about Australian life and culture
- learn about health services and health insurance in Australia
- have a great experience at VU and in Melbourne.
You can come along to as many sessions as you'd like. Register online:
10am: Adjusting to a new culture
This workshop explores challenges that international students face and provides information about Australian culture and lifestyle. Learn how to improve your cross-cultural communication skills, make friends and improve your confidence.
A great opportunity to meet and talk with other students. Lunch is provided for students who attend the sessions immediately before or after lunch.
12.45pm: Happy and healthy (and what to do if you get sick)
This workshop will help you with:
- where you can go if you get sick
- when, how and how much to pay the doctor
- contacts at VU that can help you and provide more information
- tips on healthy eating, exercise and general wellbeing
- what to do in an emergency
- how to access health advice when you need it.
1.45pm: How to look for a part-time job in Australia and know your work rights
This workshop will cover:
- job application processes
- resume writing
- how to look for a job in Australia
- work rights and working conditions
- free services provided by VU Learning Hubs.