The Thought Leadership Series brought leading international and national experts to VU to explore the future of work and study. The series was designed to inspire thinking and stimulate discussion on VU’s Academic Program of the Future. A total of six events were held with over 500 attendees.
The Academic Program of the Future is a key part of VU’s Transformation Agenda, as we consider:
- how we ensure that VU’s future academic program prepares our students to navigate the increasingly complex world of work
- what qualifications, programs, units and other forms of offerings we will pursue for the future
- the best way to actively advance the unique opportunities and advantages afforded to us as a proudly dual-sector, multi-campus, international institution.
The series was hosted by the Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Vocational Education & Pathways).
About the Academic Program of the Future
The VU Way commits us to preparing ‘Future-Ready Graduates’: graduates that have the ‘knowledge, technical skills and 21st century capabilities required to thrive in the uncertain world of future work’.
- This presents the how – a model of blocked, high-engagement, student centred teaching and learning.
- The Academic Program of the Future will articulate the what - the specific sets of single and dual-sector programs, courses and non-award offerings that will reinforce the unique competitive advantage that the Block Mode brings to VU.
Past events in the Thought Leadership Series