As a valuable research resource, VU Special Collections contain numerous materials linked to the strategic drivers in the Strategic Plan 2022-2028: Start Well Finish Brilliantly.
Materials preserved in Special Collections offer viewpoints on themes related to the five strategic drivers:
- Protecting country
- Partnering with principle
- Maximising research with impact
- Doing dual differently
- A thriving place to study and work.
Visit the exhibition Strategic Connections with the Special Collections at Footscray Park library, on level 2 of Building P, to find a connection between the past and the future.
Special Collections materials about protecting country cover a range of topics such as the biosphere, water quality, conservation, Aboriginal education, environmental education and environmental health.
Materials on display in the cabinet near the staircase and the lift include:
- ADI Footscray Site Redevelopment: Environment Effects Statement
- Protecting the Environment: A Conservation Strategy for Victoria
- The Bay Belongs to Everybody
- The Biosphere and Politics
- The Greenhouse Challenge: The Victorian Government’s Response.
Partnering with principle
Focusing on our roots in Greater Western Melbourne and working collaboratively to benefit the region and the communities which we serve are reflected in Special Collections materials.
Materials displayed in the cabinet near the IT Kiosk include:
- Community Management Handbook
- Investment and Growth Prospects in the Western Region of Melbourne
- Partnership in Crisis: Lessons from Caritas in East Timor
- POW: People out West (2 July 97 edition)
- Social Justice: The Next 4 Years.
Maximising research with impact
To support the key research areas at Victoria University, Special Collections materials cover a range of fields such as sports, green and water engineering, Indigenous oral history, economic modelling and policy research, health, diversity, inclusion and education.
Materials displayed in the cabinet in the Learning Hub include:
- "Go West Young Woman!"
- Managing a Multicultural Workforce
- The Honey-Ant Men's Love Song and other Aboriginal Song Poems
- Sport and Physical Culture in the U.S.S.R.
- The Packaging Plague.
Doing dual differently and a thriving place to study and work
The Special Collections themes related to ‘Doing dual differently’ and ‘A thriving place to study and work’ include TAFE, universities, learning and teaching, e-learning, equity and diversity.
View materials related to these strategic drivers in the cabinet near the self-check machines.
Using Special Collections for your research
VU Library welcomes inquiries from the VU research community, and individuals or groups external to the university. For queries and appointment to view items, email [email protected].
For further information about this exhibition and VU Special Collections, refer to the VU Special Collections - How to access and use guide.