Research Ambassadors are here to help
Research Ambassadors are available until 7 December 2018 to help research students build their research skills.
They provide peer-to-peer support to research students (including honours students) and research staff.
Talk to a Research Ambassador
Until 7 December 2018, the Research Ambassadors can be contacted:
- at City Flinders Campus, Room 9.10a and by phone on +61 478 405 117 on Thursdays, 11am-1pm.
- at Footscray Park Campus, Building P, Room P416 Research Lounge and by phone on +61 478 405 113, on Fridays, 11am-1pm.
- by appointment only: fill out the online booking form or email seekRA@vu.edu.au to arrange an appointment.
- via email at seekRA@vu.edu.au
- on Skype (look for contact name 'vuseekra') during the service hours or for a scheduled appointment.
Current research students can seek help with building their research skills:
- candidature preparation
- writing support for literature review, research proposal and thesis chapters
- data and file management
- research design and methodology
- mathematical modelling
- IT troubleshooting
- Library research databases.
Personal development and transition
New research students can chat with a Research Ambassador for help with:
- cultural transition: adapting to living in Australia
- academic transition: adapting to life as a research student or staff and its associated challenges
- campus transition: finding services and staff for appropriate support (referral service).
Research Ambassadors are here to help you with:
- a question that you may have but do not know who to ask - the Research Ambassador will find a contact and get back to you
- ideas and questions you may have in relation to your candidature.