Mindfulness education program at VU at MetroWest
Increase your ability to manage stress and learn to live in the moment more by attending a free 8-week mindfulness education program.
The program is open to current VU students and staff.
The sessions are held at VU at Metrowest in collaboration with the Victoria University Psychology Clinic (VUPC).
- Two sessions a week from 8 October - 27 November 2018
- Mondays 4-5pm and Tuesdays 10.30-11.30am
The program is free but we ask that you register your place through the Psychology Clinic:
Phone: 9919 2353
The essence of mindfulness is to live in the moment and to be more aware and engaged with what is happening around you.
Mindfulness has been shown to:
- improve short-term memory
- improve concentration
- improve your ability to process information
- decrease stress, depression and anxiety
- improve emotional reactions
- increase creativity
- improve empathy and compassion.
Footscray University Town events & activities
Join the VU at MetroWest mailing list to receive regular updates about upcoming events.