Parents in the midst of home-schooling will welcome a ready-made virtual recess, with 30-minute fun routines as part of the Kids Active Recess: Westside program.
Join westside icons Bianca Chatfield, Lauren Spark, Josh Risdon and a to-be-announced Western Bulldogs players as they set out easy-to-follow sessions focusing on football, netball and soccer skills. Dance will also be explored by cultural powerhouse Footscray Community Arts Centre.
- Grab a netball (or anything round and bouncy) to try out some throwing drills and work on your footwork.
- Practise passing a soccer ball, zigzagging through cones, and juggling the ball.
- Learn some new backyard footy games that reinterpret other sports with a football.
- Discover dance as another fantastic way to get active.
- Be an insider to the Western Bulldogs footy skills, learn how to handle the football and a trick or two.
These short videos will be easy for any family to incorporate into their routine, and provide a unique way to fulfil your kids’ energy bursts.
All videos will be premiered on the VU in the Community Facebook Page and freely available thereafter.
- 11.30am, Tuesday 5 May
Netball with Bianca Chatfield
Watch the video | PDF version of the routine
- 11.30am, Tuesday 12 May
Soccer with Josh Risdon from Western United
- 11.30am, Tuesday 19 May
Backyard footy games with Lauren Spark from Western Bulldogs AFLW
- 11.30am, Tuesday 26 May
Dance with L2R Dance in collaboration with Footscray Community Arts Centre
- 11.30am, Tuesday 2 June
Footy with a to-be-announced player from the Western Bulldogs
Download PDF routines
PDF versions of the routines will be available here after each video has been premiered to download and follow along for screen-free time.