Entries are now open for the 2021 Footscray Art Prize, a national visual art prize established by Victoria University, Maribyrnong City Council, Footscray Community Arts Centre and Footscray Rotary.
Established in 2016, the prize contributes to Footscray's reputation as a thriving cultural hub that supports and fosters the arts, and provides an opportunity to celebrate this artistic vibrancy and creativity.
The Footscray Art Prize has three categories.
- Footscray Art Prize (main) – $10,000
- Street Art Prize – $5000
- Young Artists Prize (open to Melbourne's west only) – for both Primary and Secondary $500
In the 2021 Footscray Art Prize entrants may also nominate to enter into two new sub-categories:
- Local Artist Acquisition Prize – $10,000
- Emerging Artist Prize (FCAC Residency) – $2000
A panel of esteemed judges will shortlist the artworks and select winners in 2021:
- Myles Russell-Cook, Curator of Indigenous Art at the National Gallery of Victoria
- Vikki McInnes, Curator, writer, gallerist and Research Development Fellow
- Kirsty Grant, former Director and CEO of Heide Museum of Modern Art; and
- Dawn Tan and Rosie Kalina will judge the Young Artists Categories.
Entries close at midday on Monday 8 February 2021. Visit the Footscray Art Prize website to find out more and enter an artwork.