Research Ambassadors at Victoria University provide peer-to-peer support to research students (including honours students) and research staff.
Research students can drop in online, or book an online appointment, with Research Ambassadors for help with building their research skills and for a chat about their research or student experience.
Research students can seek help with building the following research skills:
- candidature preparation
- writing support for literature review, research proposal and thesis chapters
- data and file management
- research design and methodology
- mathematical modelling
- IT troubleshooting
- Library research databases.
See the Research Ambassador profiles and availability:
Research or student experience
Research students can also chat with a Research Ambassador about their transition and personal development, including:
- cultural transition: adapting to living in Australia
- academic transition: adapting to life as a research student or staff and its associated challenges
- campus transition: finding services and staff for appropriate support (referral service)
- ideas and questions in relation to candidature
- questions where they are not sure who to ask – the Research Ambassadors will direct them to the relevant training or VU services to help answer their questions.
Contact a Research Ambassador
The Research Ambassadors can be contacted online only on Tuesdays (24 March – 31 July 2020), 11am-2pm or according to agreed time with the Research Ambassador:
- via email at [email protected]
- on Skype (look for contact name 'vuseekra') or other tools such as Webex and Jabber.