Victoria University will have its best men’s and women’s teams compete in the inaugural University Basketball League (UBL). Support the teams for an action packed Round 5 at home, the VU Community Sports Stadium – Whitten Oval, on Tuesday 18 May against Latrobe University and Thursday 20 May against the University of Sunshine Coast.
Endorsed by Basketball Australia and supported by the respective State Basketball Associations, the 2021 league includes seven participating universities:
- Victoria University (VU)
- La Trobe University (LTU)
- University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- The University of Melbourne (MELB)
- The University of Sydney (USYD)
- The University of Western Australia (UWA)
- University of Sunshine Coast (USC).
Cheer on Victoria University
Students, staff, friends and family are encouraged to show support by cheering on VU for Round 5 of the 2021 University Basketball League.
Victoria University vs. Latrobe University - Tuesday 18 May
- Warm-up: 12.30pm
- Game: 1pm
- Warm-up: 2.30pm
- Game: 3pm
Victoria University vs. University of Sunshine Coast - Thursday 20 May
University Basketball League Pride Round
Our home round clash against University of Sunshine Coast will celebrate inclusion and diversity in university sport while aiming to increase visibility and provide education and awareness to student athletes, members, and supporters.
- Warm-up: 11:30am
- Game: 12pm
- Warm-up: 1:30pm
- Game: 2pm
How to tune in
The game will be streamed live, and can be accessed online by visiting one of these sites on game day:
- VU Sport Facebook Page and interacting live in the comments
- VU Team Hub whilst getting to know the team
Spectators are welcome to attend the VU Community Sports Stadium – Whitten Oval to show support and to get up close to the action.
Patrons are reminded to follow these simple directions to remain COVID safe when visiting the VU Community Sports Stadium – Whitten Oval.
- Clean hands. Please remember to wash or sanitise your hands regularly.
- Know when it’s time to bow out. Feel unwell or have cold symptoms? Then please stay at home.
- Stay at least 1.5m apart. For good measure, please stay 1.5 metres from one another.