Victoria University's (VU) campuses are open and welcoming staff, students and visitors in a COVIDSafe way.
- VU strongly encourages all eligible staff, students, and visitors to get vaccinated and maintain up to date vaccinations to help protect the community, your loved ones, and each other.
- Consider wearing a face mask indoors, especially if you can't stay 1.5m away from other people.
- Practice good personal hygiene – Wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer, practice cough or sneeze etiquette and dispose of tissues in the bin.
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, please stay off campus whilst you have symptoms.
- If you have concerns: students should speak with their course coordinator first or can also talk with Student Services. Staff should speak with their manager.
- You are no longer required to report COVID cases to the university, but if you return a positive Rapid Antigen Test or PCR Test – please let those people that you have had contact with know, so that they can monitor for symptoms.
- If you need any further assistance, student should contact Student Services and Staff should contact your manager or People and Organisation Business Partner.
Safety first – our COVIDSafe plan
We take decisive action to help keep the VU community safe. Our key focus is always the safety, health and wellbeing of our students, staff and families, and the broader community.
- health, safety and well-being focused
- nimble and quick
- logical and evidence-based
- hybrid approach
- sensible and easy to understand.
Our COVIDSafe Plan presents a process for the gradual and safe transition to campus of all members of the University community in line with the Commonwealth government’s for a COVIDSafe Australia. Two groups regularly meet to discuss COVID process and strategy, forming our Governance teams: COVID Operations and COVID Executive Taskforce.
Official government information & advice
Leading authorities have compiled a range of resources to keep us informed about coronavirus (COVID-19).
VU is continuing to closely follow advice from the Australian and State Governments in relation to coronavirus (COVID-19). We encourage you to view the following government sources for the latest and most up-to-date official information about coronavirus.