The Research and Research Training Committee is responsible for monitoring, reporting and advising the Academic Board on research and training quality and standards. It does this against internal and external quality indicators, and advises the Academic Board on relevant proposed regulations, policies and procedures.
Composition & membership
The Research and Research Training Committee is composed of:
- One person elected as Chair from the membership of the Academic Board: Associate Professor Randall Robinson
- Vice-President Research (ex-officio): Professor Corinne Reid
- Dean, Graduate Research Centre and Head of the Office for Researcher Training, Quality and Integrity (ex-officio): Professor Anne-Marie Hede
- Director, Research Services (ex-officio): Donna Hannan
- Associate University Librarian, Learning Resources, Technology and Infrastructure (ex-officio): Adrian Gallagher
- Director, Moondani Balluk or nominee (ex-officio): Karen Jackson
- One member from each VU Research Flagship, nominated by their respective Research Institute Executive Director and endorsed by the Academic Board:
- Two elected members of the Academic Board, nominated by the Academic Board:
- Four members of the VU Research Fellows and Research Only Academic Staff, nominated by the Vice-President Research and the Chair, Research and Research Training Committee, with consultation with the Vice-President, Health, Sport and Active Living and the Vice-President, Sustainable Industries and Liveable Cities and endorsed by the Academic Board:
- One Higher Degree by Research student from each VU Research Flagship, nominated by the Academic Board:
- Danielle Debruin (Sport, Health & Active Living)
- Van Khanh Nguyen (Sustainable Industries & Liveable Cities)
- Co-opted Members: Nil.