This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to participate in development and follow a personal competency development plan.
It includes the application of skills and knowledge in taking responsibility for one's own competency development; participating in the development of a personal competency development plan, responsibilities and obligations; following activities for developing competency; self-monitoring competency development and meeting learner obligations for periodic reporting of competency development activities.
Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce & extend knowledge and skill competence within set & controlled parameters in accordance with each unit’s learning outcomes & performance criteria requirements, incl the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
* applying relevant work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS) requirements
* identifying opportunities to develop competency
* following competency development plan including following aspects of the training plan
* participating in a personal competency plan for work activities
* periodic reporting of competency plan activities
* seeking assistance to overcome difficulties in developing competency as needed.
The qualified trainer and assessor will advise students of class notes, reading materials produced by VU Polytechnic and further support via VU Polytechnic e-learning system and/or in person.
This unit is studied as part of the following course(s):