This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to maintain and prepare documentation required to record work activities, purchases and expenses obligations.It includes planning and maintaining documentation typically required in an electrotechnology workplace information system.
Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce & extend knowledge and skill competence within set & controlled parameters in accordance with each unit’s learning outcomes & performance criteria requirements, incl the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
* applying relevant work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS) requirements, including implementing risk control measures
* dealing with unplanned events in accordance with workplace documentation
* recording and maintaining workplace records using appropriate technology in accordance with workplace information methods
* following workplace record management procedures
* maintaining documentation
* planning documentation.
The qualified trainer and assessor will advise students of class notes, reading materials produced by VU Polytechnic and further support via VU Polytechnic e-learning system and/or in person.
This unit is studied as part of the following course(s):