Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- communication and literacy skills to read relevant, familiar texts and identify decimals, common fractions and percentages when partly embedded in texts.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- signs/prints/symbols represent meaning in texts and materials;
- place value to read, write and interpret decimals and large whole numbers;
- decimals, common fractions and percentages and their common equivalent forms;
- informal and formal language of number to compare and interpret decimals, common fractions and percentages, and;
- techniques used to make initial estimations and check results of calculations in relation to the context.