This unit applies to all types of welding and includes the identification of properties and characteristics of all commonly used metals, and selection of appropriate welding techniques to ensure integrity of materials is maintained during welding processes.
This unit can only be selected in conjunction with one or more of the following units:
- MEM05015 Weld using manual metal arc welding process;
- MEM05017 Weld using gas metal arc welding process;
- MEM05019 Weld using gas tungsten arc welding process;
- MEM05023 Weld using submerged arc welding process;
- MEM05047 Weld using flux core arc welding process, and;
- MEM05055 Weld using oxy fuel gas welding process.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
MEM13015 - Work safely and effectively in manufacturing and engineering
MEM16006 - Organise and communicate information
Where to next?
As part of a course
This unit is studied as part of the following courses. Refer to the course page for information on how to apply for the course.
VU takes care to ensure the accuracy of this unit information, but reserves the right to change or withdraw courses offered at any time. Please check that unit information is current with the Student Contact Centre.