Please use this webform to register your interest in studying Applied Sports Statistics.
Applied Sports Statistics content overview
At Victoria University, we offer an Applied Sports Statistics unit that is delivered predominantly online* and provides a structured progression through the main concepts associated with MBI statistics, such as:
- research designs
- simple statistics
- effect statistics with confidence limits
- smallest important effects
- inferential statistics applied to:
- comparing group means
- controlled trials
- introduction to the concepts of mixed modelling and guidance on the use of the self-paced suite of materials available at Sportscience.
* Students will have the opportunity to meet Professor Will Hopkins face-to-face during our burst-mode lectures in February. If you’re overseas or interstate you can take part in a webinar or watch recordings of the sessions.
The unit will run from 20 February - 24 May 2019.
It features 12 online modules. The format for these modules includes:
- pre-recorded lectures
- access to dedicated tutors online or via phone/teleconference
- online assessments that can be completed from wherever you are
- video assessment feedback.
The unit is delivered mostly by Professor Will Hopkins with the collaboration of other MBI champions, and coordinated by Dr Fabio Serpiello.
Enrolment – two options available
The unit will be offered in two different modalities, assessed and non-assessed.
The assessed unit (SFS7010 Applied Sports Statistics) is a normal higher-education unit with assessments and grading. Upon successful completion, you will receive credits that can be used for future recognition of prior learning (RPL).
The non-assessed unit (JNU0001 Applied Sports Statistics) features the same content as the assessed one, however you are not required to submit any assessments. This is a non-award unit, and therefore no credits will be recognised if you wish to use the unit for future RPL.
2019 costs are:
- AUD$2,600 for the assessed unit SFS7010 Applied Sports Statistics
- AUD$1,750 for the non-assessed unit JNU0001 Applied Sports Statistics.
External endorsement for accredited practitioners
This unit has received endorsement from:
- British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES). 10 CPD points.
- Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA). 15 CPD points, assessed unit SFS7010 only
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), assessed unit SFS7010 only.
Register your interest
We'd like to "estimate the magnitude" (pardon the pun!) of your interest and likelihood of you enrolling in this unit.
Complete the form below which will help us better prepare the unit's content for the applicants. Once you've expressed interest, the unit coordinator will contact you regarding the application process.
Any enquiries, please email: email@example.com.