Study with us to improve your English language proficiency. Our range of English courses will help you:
- prepare to study a VU course
- prepare to sit a Business Language Test Service (BULATS) exam
- improve your general English.
Beyond the classroom, students who study English language programs at VU have access to a vibrant social calendar, along with a range of informal programs to help improve their general English skills.
English for Academic Purposes
Our English for Academic Purposes (EAP) course is designed for students with advanced English who want to enter an Australian certificate, diploma, bachelor, graduate or masters degree.
If you do not meet the English language requirements for entry into a VU course, you may receive a Conditional Letter of Offer with the expectation of completing a number of weeks of English language study in one of the following courses:
- EAP4 (Upper Intermediate): Prepare for entry into certificate and diploma courses
- EAP5 (University Preparation Undergraduate): Prepare for entry into a VU undergraduate course
- EAP6 (University Preparation Postgraduate): Prepare for entry into a VU postgraduate course.
English for BULATS Preparation
English for BULATS Preparation - an approved Cambridge English course - is designed to improve your business vocabulary, knowledge of business conventions and your general English language proficiency. The course specifically focuses on every aspect of the Business Language Test Service (BULATS) exam, an internationally recognised benchmarking tool. On completion of this course you:
- can take the Cambridge BULATS exam and gain a global BULATS score
- will have achieved the English level required to gain direct entry into VU TAFE courses.
General English study
We also offer a number of General English courses for individuals, industry and professionals seeking to improve their English skills.
We offer English courses for:
- overseas teachers
- health professionals
- sports professionals
- general business.
Contact VU English for more information about these general English courses.
English language support
All students have access to personalised English support while they study through our dedicated Independent Learning Centre, which offers free lunchtime classes to maximise your English skills. Classes include an e-learning program, speaking program, skills program and a film program.