The Library offers a number of programs throughout the year to assist students in developing research skills and to use the full range of information resources available at Victoria University Library. The programs range from short 20-minute sessions to one-hour information sessions or two-hour hands-on workshops.
View all Library training programs for the current month:
For experienced Endnote users wanting advanced tips for managing their Endnote library and working with Word and Endnote. Participants identify areas/topics they want to address in the session.
When and where: Thursday 26 November, 10:00am-12:00pm, Footscray Park Library, Training Room P307.
Addressing research questions using SPSS
In this mini-workshop, research ambassador Pejman Peidaee will guide you on how to use SPSS for addressing your research questions. Including:
- SPSS basics (data management, preparing data for further analysis, graphs)
- Descriptive statistics (statistical measures, cross-tabs)
- Linking research questions to statistical tests in SPSS
- Performing different statistical tests (parametric tests & non-parametric tests) using SPSS.
When and where: Friday 27 November, 11am-1pm, Footscray Park Library, Training Room P307.
Drop-in sessions for Arts students
A librarian will be available at Footscray Nicholson Library, every Tuesday, to help students of the College of Arts with:
- Referencing – any queries about using the correct referencing style for assignments
- Finding and evaluating library resources for your assignment
- Using: Library Search & Databases
- Help with exam preparation.
For: All Arts students – VE/FE students, undergraduate students, postgraduate students.
When: Every Tuesday (until Tuesday 24 November), 12pm-2pm. No need to book – just drop in anytime between 12pm and 2pm.
Where: Footscray Nicholson Library. Ask for the drop-in session at the library desk.
Engineering and science assistance
For library assistance email librarians:
Help with preparing for exams, writing and maths is available. Make an appointment with an Academic Support & Development lecturer:
Phone: 03 9919 4744
In person: Footscray Park Campus, Building M, Room M312 (Reception is on level 3).