The total time commitment is approximately 25 – 30 hours.
You will be expected to:
- attend two workshops (8 hours each) organised and delivered by the Centre, where your role is to support and supervise the students:
- Careers day (Thursday 12 July)
- Court & parliament day (Friday 13 July)
- participate in a facilitation training session (3 hours), preparing you to deliver a workshop for high school students back at their school (Thursday 26 July, 4-7pm)
- deliver a workshop at a school in Brimbank (3 hours, including preparation and travel time) at a time mutually agreed upon by yourself and the school, between 6-21 August
- take on additional responsibilities as mutually agreed by yourself and Sir Zelman Cowen Centre.
You will be required to arrive early to help with event set up and registration and, of course, be paid for this time.
All workshops, including the one in-school workshop you will deliver, have been designed and developed by a team of educational experts. Your job for the in-school workshop is to put your own spin on the presentation and add in your own personal story. You will receive training on how to do this and be briefed about the content of the activities by the Mix it up Coordinator.