Student Leadership Awards recognise and celebrate students across Victoria University.
These non-academic awards recognise and celebrate students across Victoria University for their leadership roles in co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
If you play a significant leadership role and improve the quality of the student experience within or beyond Victoria University then apply for an award.
All students enrolled in a Vocational/Further Education or Higher Education unit(s) of study at VU are eligible to apply for a Student Leadership Award.
- Applicants must be prepared to give evidence* that:
- they can balance their study commitments with their leadership activities
- they have not been the subject of any misconduct claims.
- Unsuccessful applicants are eligible to reapply for an award in subsequent years, however previous award recipients are ineligible to apply for a Student Leadership Award for a period of two years.
- Previous individual award recipients are eligible to apply as part of a team in subsequent years.
- Previous team award recipients are eligible to apply for an individual award in the following year.
- Students who have already received awards from Victoria University for leadership activities are strongly discouraged from applying for these awards
- Students may only apply for one individual award and/or one team award per year.
*Evidence will be obtained by conducting a search of VU’s database using the student ID provided by the applicant on the application form. The search will be performed by Student Records and all information will remain confidential.
How to apply
Applications for 2016 have now closed and winners were announced at the awards ceremony on Monday 26 September 2016 at Footscray Community Arts Centre.
For 2017 announcements, please follow the VU Student Life Facebook.
Previous award winners
Phone: +61 9919 2454