Getting involved in a club is a great way to network with other students and staff with similar interests.
Do you have an idea for a unique and fun new club? Or have you already started a new club and want to affiliate with VU? Affiliating a club with Student Life gives you access to exclusive opportunities, including:
- Student Life funding and grants
- professional development
- ongoing support from a VU Clubs Officer.
If you wish to start a new club, you should first check to see if a similar club already exists. The deadline to affiliate a new club is 31 March each year.
Steps to affiliate a new club
- Fill in the Enquiry Form below to tell us about your idea for a new club.
Alternatively, you can contact the VU Clubs Officer at [email protected] with your new club idea. They will advise you if a similar club already exists, and talk you through the affiliation steps if the idea is approved.
- To affiliate a new club you will need to have a minimum of 10 current VU students signed on as members, of which four are to be elected as the executive committee (President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary).
The election of the executive committee, by democratic vote, must occur at an Inaugural General Meeting held by the cub members. Meeting minutes should be recorded to reflect the club name, purpose and the elected committee members. The new executive will then fill in the prescribed affiliation forms. Once all forms are completed the clubs officer will send confirmation of affiliation to the club via email.
Download these resources to assist you with setting up a new club. They contains links to all relevant documents and forms to be completed.
Club Fact Sheet 1: Starting a New Club
Club Fact Sheet 2: Executive Roles & Responsibilities
- Check in with the VU Clubs Officer at [email protected] regarding how much funding your club is eligible for and how the funding process works.
- Register all executive members for the mandatory clubs induction training.
Enquire about affiliating a club
If you have any questions about the affiliation process, let us know! Complete the form below or email [email protected].