Victoria University (VU) and the Victorian Government are committed to supporting our international student community to ensure you feel safe and supported during this difficult period.
The International Student Emergency Relief Fund is focused on supporting international students whose access to legal employment has been impacted and complements the range of relief programs offered by Victorian universities, education providers and other existing government support.
To apply for this grant you must:
- currently study at Victoria University, and have enrolled on or before 31 March 2020
- be an international student who has a student visa or bridging visa (with a student visa application in processing)
- currently live in Victoria, Australia and be physically located in Victoria
- have engaged in legal work in Victoria any time from March to July 2020, and have experienced exceptional circumstances of financial hardship due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Those circumstances of hardship arise from:
- a significant reduction in hours of employment, or
- loss of employment due to a business shutdown; and
- you are unable to supplement lost income from other sources of financial support
- supply documentary evidence, which can include:
- evidence of loss of income such as correspondence between you and your employer (e.g. letters, emails, text messages, pay slips)
- up-to-date bank statement, showing ongoing loss of income
- statutory declaration (a written statement that you sign and declare to be true and correct in the presence of an authorised witness).
This is a one-off grant. If you have already received an International Student Emergency Relief Fund grant, you are not eligible to re-apply.
- Fill out the form on this page.
- Email your supporting documentation to [email protected].