MEM40105 - Certificate IV in Engineering
- Are an Australian or New Zealand citizen; or
- Are an Australian permanent resident; or
- Hold a permanent Australian humanitarian visa
- Are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident; and
- Do not hold a permanent Australian humanitarian visa; and
- Are not a New Zealand citizen; and
- Hold a temporary visa. More information is available on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) and liveinaustralia websites
VU course code:MEM40105
Study mode:Part Time
Delivery mode:Face to FaceWorkplace
Duration:1 year part time
Take your engineering interests to the next level.
In this engineering certificate you will learn:
- manufacturing engineering: how to fabricate products to industry standards
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC): for brake pressing, rolling, plasmacutting
- what's behind rapid manufacturing, or 'prototyping'
- certificate welding, 1-10 (including Supervisor's and Inspector's courses).
This leading-edge, current technology-focused course offers an opportunity for tradespersons to upgrade their qualifications and gain entry into technician positions in the Industry.
- welding inspectors
- forepersons, and
- technicians in a range of manufacturing areas.
Find out more about pathways and credits.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
You may be able to complete your qualification sooner through formal recognition of your existing skills. This is known as Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
To receive RPL, we assess your previous work, education and life experiences against recognised qualifications. Applications for RPL can be made prior to enrolling.
Call us on +61 3 9919 6100 to discuss RPL options with the course manager.
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge to demonstrate, broad theoretical concepts, application of skills and knowledge, problem solving, information interpretation and output responsibility.
To be awarded MEM40105 Certificate IV in Engineering, a student must successfully complete the following:
- completion of all twelve (12) Core units of competency listed below;
- completion of units from the Group A Specialisation electives listed below to the value of at least 12 points, and
- completion of Group B electives listed below to bring the total value to at least 109 points.
Please consult with the Course Coordinator or enrolment officer prior to enrolment to ensure that adequate units are selected to equate to 12 points for Group A and at least 109 points for Group B elective units.
Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee you entry into this course.
Some courses receive more applications than the number of places available. In this situation we will also assess your education, work and other relevant experience.
Open to applicants who wish to upskill their current Engineering or Fabrication Trade Qualifications. Open to applicants who work in an Engineering Field. Applicants will be interviewed prior to enrolment to determine the level at which they should commence study. Minimum Age Requirement: 16 years of age. All students must complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment prior to course commencement.
How to apply for this course
Prior to enrolment, all applicants will be required to complete a literacy and numeracy assessment to assist with determining eligibility and to identify learning support needs.
Direct applications due 31 December 2017.
Consider whether you also wish to apply for:
Special admission: You can request special consideration be given to your application based on your individual situation.
Find out more about special admission or complete the Direct admissions special consideration application
- Extra credit for past skills and study - known as Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) or Skills recognition.
When you're ready:Apply direct to VU
You will need to create an account (or use your existing VU one).
Direct applications due 31 December 2017.
After you apply:
- It’s important to check for emails from us (remember to check your Spam folder).
- Complete any requests for information by the given dates, otherwise your application may not be considered
You can also contact us directly:
- Ring us on +61 3 9919 6100
- Find answers and ask questions at GOTOVU