PeerChat, VU Library online assistance by students and for students, is the new way to get help with using VU Library resources and services. Chat with experienced VU students for library tips and support.
PeerChat team members are experienced VU students available online through real-time chat to answer your library question and share their library experiences.
The PeerChat team can help you with:
- finding known items (known title, author, etc.)
- finding Australian Standards
- navigating the Library catalogue
- topping up your printing account
- using My Library to manage loans, renewals and holds.
They share their library tips to support you in your studies:
Smit: “Library’s referencing guide and online collection of the books were most helpful for me.”
Keely: “The EasyRef service has saved my assignments many, many times! I doubt I'd get the grades I do without it! I mention it to everyone. Also, the library online catalogue system has been really helpful for me, I always use it to search my assignment topic first.”
PeerChat team members are available online for more tips and support.
PeerChat is part of the Ask the Library service and is online:
- Monday–Friday, 5–8pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 12–3pm.
Times may be subject to change. For updated information about PeerChat availability, check Library hours calendar.
Access PeerChat for real-time library chat with VU students via:
- library website – go to ASK THE LIBRARY and click PeerChat, or use the search bar – the pop-up window ‘Do you need help?’ will appear soon after searching the library and provides access to PeerChat
- VU Collaborate – look for Ask the Library and click Chat
- VU App – go to Library and click LibChat for access to PeerChat
PeerChat team members are here to help you succeed in your studies.