Find a quiet place and the resources to study at the Library which is open during the mid-year break (22 June-21 July).
All campus libraries (except Sunshine Library closed 29 June - 14 July) will be open on weekdays, and some campus libraries will be open weekends, for winter school.
Extended hours at City Queen Library
From 24 June - 19 July, City Queen Library will be open from 8am-9pm on Monday-Friday and 12pm-5pm on Saturday.
Check library opening hours.
Find your quiet spot in the library, or book a study room for group study or a PC to access our online resources.
On the library homepage, you can use the Library search box to search and find:
- books to borrow – you may borrow as many print books as you need
- e-books to read entirely online, or download to your PC or mobile device
- journal articles
You can also use the link A-Z databases (external link) to access over 300 databases.
For advice and help to find and use resources, you can choose the following services:
Online Library guides
There are various Library Guides to suit your needs:
- Library course and unit guides provide library resources for a specific course or unit.
- How to Guides explain common library tasks: finding resources, using e-books, evaluating information, and conducting a literature review.
- Referencing Guides explain how to reference, or list, the resources used in assignments.
Chat, part of the 'Ask a Librarian' service, is online assistance available:
- via the Library website
- within VU Collaborate.
Library service desk
Service desk staff can assist with:
- computing and printing facilities
- setting up MyVU access
- student email and other essential online tools
- accessing the library’s range of online resources.
To stay focused and achieve your study goal, you can get some tips from Lynda.com which is a database of video courses for work and study skills:
- staying focused – short video from the course Overcoming procrastination
- improving your focus
- study skills: reading techniques, note taking, improving memory and creating a study plan
- time management for students
- goal setting: successful habits – why goal setting works, establishing your goal setting list
- yoga and stretching at your desk; productive meditation; mindfulness