As you start or continue your studies at Victoria University, complete five academic integrity modules online to get your academic integrity certificate.
Find out what academic integrity means, why it is important to present authentic work and acknowledge the work of others, and how academic integrity can benefit your career.
Academic integrity at VU
Academic work must comply with VU’s Academic Integrity Policy and reflect the values outlined in the policy:
Breaching academic integrity includes:
- contract cheating
- submitting work prepared by another person
- cheating in exams.
Attend the online workshop Getting started with academic integrity to:
- understand what academic integrity means at Victoria University
- understand what is involved in contract cheating and collusion
- find out about resources such as the Library Guide Academic Integrity at VU
- start working through Module 1 within VU Collaborate.
Complete the modules online
The modules provide knowledge and skills to study in an ethical way and set the foundation for a successful career.
- Module 1: academic integrity, principles and practices within the academic environment
- Module 2: working under pressure and working with others with academic integrity; locating and using credible sources
- Module 3: reading efficiently; taking good notes; referring to other people’s work and ideas with integrity; revising your work to ensure academic integrity
- Module 4: reflecting on challenges through scenarios; showing academic integrity when working with others; making decisions which demonstrate your knowledge
- Module 5: identifying academic integrity requirements of assessable work; identifying differences between self-plagiarism and ethical re-use of work.
Get your certificate
When you successfully complete the five modules and associated quizzes, you will be notified within VU Collaborate or via your student email that you have earned the Academic Integrity Certificate of Achievement.
To download your certificate, see the Academic Integrity Student Guide.