Throughout the semester till the end of exams on 18 November, these two campus libraries will be open from 10am to 10pm every Saturday and Sunday.
Weekdays: Open 24 hours (from 8 August)
- library staff and services from 8am until 12am (midnight)
- only PCs, study spaces, self-services and eResources between 12am (midnight) and 8am.
Access during our extended hours (midnight until 8am) is for VU students, staff or alumni only. Please bring your ID card or proof of enrolment.
The two libraries close at midnight on Friday and reopen at 10am on Saturday.
Place of study
Quiet study is required at all times in the Library and you may eat and drink. Help us to keep the Library a pleasant place to study by disposing of rubbish in the bins when leaving.
Safety & security
Security guards are on duty during the extended hours (midnight till 8am). You can ask a security guard to escort you to the Footscray Park car park or the UniLodge when you leave.
On Australian Football League (AFL) Grand Final holiday (Friday 30 September 2016) and Melbourne Cup Day (Tuesday 1 November 2016), City Flinders and Footscray Park libraries are open 24 hours and provide access to:
- library staff and services from 10am till 5pm
- only PCs, study spaces, self-services and eResources
- before 10am and from 5pm till midnight on AFL Grand Final holiday
- before 10am and after 5pm on Melbourne Cup Day.
Only VU students, staff or alumni can enter, and a VU student, staff or alumni ID card is required.
All campus library hours
Opening hours for each campus library are available on the Library hours and locations page.
Victoria University Library
Phone: +61 3 9919 4266.