The recent 2015 Vice-Chancellor's Staff Awards event formally recognised a range of diverse VU staff for their outstanding dedication to making the University what it is today.
The exceptional contributions of individuals and teams toward extraordinary projects across the University were celebrated for their role in shaping the future of our institution and reinforcing our mission to be the University of Opportunity and Success.
“I take enormous pride in our staff and I am delighted that we have a suitable occasion where we can appropriately acknowledge and celebrate their many accomplishments and the impact they are having on our students, our community and the world,” said Vice-Chancellor, Professer Peter Dawkins.
The awards were focused on recognising staff contribution to outstanding learning and teaching, a great student experience, strong engagement with industry and our communities and excellence in research, especially applied and translational research.
Awards were presented to the following staff and teams:
Award for Excellence in Engagement: Presented to the Internships for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) International Students Team, for their valuable work in improving the employability of international students.
- Award for Excellence in Learning & Teaching: Presented to Academic Leadership in the Master of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (MTESOL) for their work being undertaken in the unit, Master of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (MTESOL) in Vietnam.
- Citation for Excellence in Programs that Enhance Learning: Presented to the Students Supporting Student Learning: Access, Engagement, Success Team for enhancing student learning, engagement and progression.
- Award for Excellence in Learning and Teaching for Programs that Enhance Learning: Presented to the Victoria University Court Internship Program Model Team for strong evidence of industry support and external recognition.
- Award for Excellence in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education: Presented to the ADES Course Team - Diploma of Education Studies: Unleashing the Potential, for improving student pass rates and improving career opportunities for students with lower ATAR scores.
- Award for Excellence in Research and Research Training:
- Citation for Excellence in Research - Early Career: Awarded to Dr Jianhua Zhang, Lecturer in the Institute for Sustainability and Innovation, for his valuable work during his Early Career Research for Victoria University.
- Citation for Excellence in Research and Research Training - Early Career: Awarded to Dr Abdullah Gokhan Yilmaz, Research Fellow in the College of Engineering and Science, for his good industry relevance and impressive record of publications.
- Citation for Excellence in Service: Presented to the Volunteer for You (V4U) Team which organises students and staff members to take part in volunteering activities in the local community.
- Award for Excellence in Service: Presented to the Centre for Collaborative Learning and Teaching (CCLT) Course Management and Quality Services and Improving Learning and Teaching Teams for their sustained activity of support, guidance and direction across the entire University.