Counselling services periodically offers supervised placements when there is an available staff psychologist or social worker.
We are pleased to offer supervised placement to individuals who:
- are Provisional Psychologists, or fully registered Psychologists, or are eligible for membership of the AASW upon completion of their studies, or are already registered with the AASW
- are not requesting an initial placement
- have had a previous placement in a counselling setting, relevant counselling experience, or demonstrate the capacity to cope with a counselling type work situation
- are not enrolled as a VU student.
When requesting a placement, you need to provide the following documentation:
- a resume or Curriculum Vitae, with professional referees' contact details
- a cover letter which states:
- the duration of the placement, commencement and terminal dates
- how many days per week for the placement
- campus(es) you would like to be placed at
- essential qualifications of the supervisor(s)
- any additional conditions for placement as determined by your university
- reasons you are seeking a placement at a university counselling service.
Once you have gathered the required documentation, email your application to Belinda Gibson (email@example.com), Senior Counsellor.
Your request will be circulated to staff when received. Should there be an initial match between the request and a staff member’s capacity to meet the request an interview will be arranged.
Subsequent to an interview an offer of placement will be made or declined.