Counselling services periodically offers supervised placements when there is an available staff psychologist or social worker.
We are pleased to offer supervised placement to individuals who:
- are Provisional Psychologists, or fully registered Psychologists, or are eligible for membership of the AASW upon completion of their studies, or are already registered with the AASW
- are not requesting an initial placement
- have had a previous placement in a counselling setting, relevant counselling experience, or demonstrate the capacity to cope with a counselling type work situation
- are not enrolled as a VU student.
When requesting a placement, you need to provide the following documentation:
- a resume or Curriculum Vitae, with professional referees' contact details
- a cover letter which states:
- the duration of the placement, commencement and terminal dates
- how many days per week for the placement
- campus(es) you would like to be placed at
- essential qualifications of the supervisor(s)
- any additional conditions for placement as determined by your university
- reasons you are seeking a placement at a university counselling service.
Once you have gathered the required documentation, email your application to Belinda Gibson (email@example.com), Manager Student Counselling and Accessibility Services.
Your request will be circulated to staff when received. Should there be an initial match between the request and a staff member’s capacity to meet the request an interview will be arranged.
Subsequent to an interview an offer of placement will be made or declined.
Manager Student Counselling and Accessibility Services