- Hopkins Street, Footscray – Vietnamese and halal restaurants and food stores
- Chinatown and the Greek precinct in the city
- Lygon Street, Carlton – Italian food and café culture
- Carlisle Street, East St Kilda – Eastern European and kosher foods
- Victoria Street, Abbotsford – Vietnamese restaurants and food stores
- Sydney Road, Brunswick – halal stores and Middle Eastern restaurants
- Johnston Street, Fitzroy – Spanish restaurants
- Brunswick Street, Fitzroy – home to Melbourne’s bohemian and café culture, designer and retro clothes shops, bookstores, galleries, cafés and a vibrant night life.
Shop at markets for a huge range of fresh produce and other specialty food, including:
- Victoria Market in the CBD
- Footscray Market in Footscray
- Collingwood Children’s Farm Farmers Market
- Preston Market - fresh food and multicultural hub.