A high-level Indonesian government delegation visited Victoria University this week to see VU’s world-class sport research and training facilities first-hand.
The delegation’s visit to Victoria University was led by Mr Imam Nahrawi, the country’s Minister of Youth and Sport, and its Consul General to Victoria and Tasmania, Ms Dewi Savitri Wahab.
The group discussed ways that Victoria University could collaborate to improve Indonesia’s elite sport performance and success.
Minister Nahrawi said that VU’s sport research was highly regarded and he was keen to enhance further collaboration through Ministry staff and sending Indonesian athletes to study at Victoria University.
The group was given a tour of VU’s leading-edge sport facilities at the University’s Institute of Sport, Exercise Science and Active Living (ISEAL), which includes skilled performance laboratories, an altitude hotel and exercise physiology labs.
The delegation also held discussions with several Indonesian students now studying at VU.
The Indonesian delegation included:
- Mr Imam Nahrawi - Minister of Youth and Sports Affairs – Republic of Indonesia
- Ms Dewi Sevitri Wahab - Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia to Victoria and Tasmania
- Mr Gatot Sulistiantoro Dewa Broto - Deputy of Harmonization and Partnership, Ministry of Youth and Sports Affairs – Republic of Indonesia
- Mr Anton Asfihani - Head of Subdivision on Administration of Minister, Ministry of of Youth and Sports Affairs – Republic of Indonesia
- Mr Oldrin Lawalata - Vice Consul,Consulate General of The Republic of Indonesia (Melbourne)
- Ms Risa Sutrisno Vice Consul,Consulate General of The Republic of Indonesia (Melbourne)
The Victoria University representatives included:
- Professor Peter Dawkins - Vice Chancellor & President
- Mr. Steve Berridge - Vice President - Victoria University International
- Professor Michelle Towstoless - Pro Vice Chancellor – Industry Community & Sport Engagement
- Professor Hans Westerbeek - Dean – College of Sport & Exercise Science
- Professor Michael McKenna - Director – Institute of Sport, Exercise and Active Living (ISEAL)
- Mr. Bhanuka Wanasinghe - Senior Advisor - International Research Office PVC (Research & Research Training)
- Ms. Aprilyani Aprilyani - Regional Recruitment Manager/ Office of the Vice President/ International
- Mr. Shannon Ryan - Project Coordinator – Industry, Community & Sport Engagement