Lisa Pingitore is a qualified Youth Worker with seven years experience working in industry in a variety of settings. This has included working with young women in transition out of a detention facility, youth group leadership and working with young people on the Ascot Vale Government Housing Estate.
In her roles, Lisa has supported and advocated for young people, focusing on issues such as housing and settlement, relationships, finances, family mediation and education. Lisa has also completed a Bachelor of Teaching at Melbourne University and is hoping to undertake a Masters. Within the College of Education at VU, Lisa's role is primarily an industry professional placement person and she also teaches in the fieldwork unit, coordinating a class group in Youth Work.
- Class coordinator for Certificate IV in Youth Work
- responsible for professional practice in the College of Education.
- Victorian Institute of Teaching
- Youth for Christ Australia
- Casual relief teacher - across various schools in Melbourne
- Volunteer Community work Ascot Vale Housing Estate (ongoing)
Areas of expertise
- Advocacy & support
- Cross cultural communications