- Co-supervision of 7 DPsych candidates in progress, 1 PhD candidate in progress
- Supervision of 7 undergraduate dissertations completed
David is a teaching focused academic in psychology, based in the First Year College. He has previously held lecturing roles in the UK and is a UK and Australian registered psychologist.
Academically, David has taught across undergraduate and postgraduate courses in psychology and counselling and published several peer reviewed articles in the area of integrating neuroscience and counselling psychology. He has presented at national (UK) and international conferences. He also supervises doctoral students through his own psychology consultancy company.
Clinically, David has delivered psychological therapy for almost 10 years, across private, public and charity sector positions, including service leadership roles. He currently works at a Melbourne private practice
Areas of expertise
- Integrating Neuroscience and Psychotherapy
- Integration of Sustainability and Wellbeing
- Individual and Societal Mental Health and Wellbeing
1 external grant (Low Carbon Economic Inventory) in 2020, totalling £80k (A$150k) for PhD student
Refereed journal articles
- Goss, D. (2015). The importance of incorporating neuroscientific knowledge into counselling psychology: An introduction to affective neuroscience. Counselling Psychology Review, 30, 52-63.
- Goss, D. (2016). Integrating neuroscience into counseling psychology: A systematic review of current literature. The Counseling Psycholgist, 44, 895-920.
- Goss, D., & Parnell, T. A. (2017). Integrating Neuroscience Into Counselling Psychology: Exploring the Views and Experiences of UK Based Counselling Psychologists. Counselling Psychology Review, 32(4), 4-17.
Refereed book chapters
- Goss, D. (2017). Working with neuroscience and neuropsychology. In C. Feltham, T. Hanley, & L. A. Winter (Eds.), The Sage Handbook of Counselling and Psychotherapy (4th ed., pp. 562- 566). London: Sage.
- Goss, D. (2016, July). Integrating neuroscience into counselling psychology: Exploring the views and experiences of UK based counselling psychologists. Presentation at the British Psychological Society Division of Counselling Psychology annual conference, Brighton, United Kingdom.
- Goss, D. (2016, March). Exploring how changes in our brain may influence our personality. Presentation at The Brain Charity international brain awareness week event, Liverpool, United Kingdom.
- Goss, D. (2015, July). Integrating neuroscience into counselling psychology: An introduction to affective neuroscience. Poster presented at the Society of Neuropsychoanalysis Congress, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Goss, D. (2014, July). Integrating neuroscience into counselling psychology: An introduction to affective neuroscience. Presentation at the British Psychological Society Division of Counselling Psychology annual conference, London, United Kingdom.
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra)
- Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Higher Education Academy (HEA)