Carolina joined the Centre for International Research on Education Systems (CIRES) at Victoria University as a Research Officer in 2016. She has particular expertise in early childhood education and care, multilingual education and cultural competence.
Carolina has worked as a research assistant on various projects, both at Victoria University and Deakin University.
Her many roles have included:
- conducting literature reviews
- assisting with the creation of data collection tools
- completing fieldwork
- assisting with data analysis (both qualitative and quantitative)
- contributing to journal articles.
Carolina has also worked as a sessional lecturer at Deakin University, teaching Multilingualism and Multilingual Education in the Global Context with a mixed cohort of Masters level students.
In 2012, Carolina completed a Masters in Teaching (Early Childhood and Research). Her thesis explored how early childhood teachers understand and support the needs of English language learners.
Carolina is currently undertaking a PhD at Monash University. Her research is focused on how educators, children and families enact multilingual pedagogies in early childhood classrooms.
Areas of expertise
- Multilingualism and multilingual education in the early years
- Cultural competence
- Early childhood education and care