- International Society for Chinese Language Teaching (ISCLT)
- Chinese Language Teachers' Association of Victoria (CLTAV)
- Scotland China Education Network (SCEN)
Betty is the Non-Award Subject Coordinator and a Mandarin teacher at the Victoria Business Confucius Institute (VBCI). With strong passion about education, she has previously served as a supervisor in Chinese language educational project management and online educational resources development.
She also has over 8 years Chinese language educational experience in different countries including China, UK, Ukraine, and Australia.
Ms. Gao has developed a number of Chinese language textbooks and online MOOC resources, including HSK Standard Conversation Course as one of the authors, and HSK Standard Course MOOC as one of the developers and instructors. She has been also activated in Chinese language teachers education and has served as an instructor and coordinator for a number of Chinese language teachers training programs across the world.
As well as being passionate about language teaching, Ms. Gao is also a fan of nature photography and animal welfare education.
Areas of expertise
- Chinese language teaching
- Mandarin teaching
Books and Monographs
- HSK Standard Conversational Course 1, Language & Culture Press
- HSK Standard Conversational Course 2, Language & Culture Press
- HSK Standard Conversational Course 3, Language & Culture Press
- HSK Standard Conversational Course 4, Language & Culture Press
- HSK Leveled Readings (Level 1) Shandong Chapter, Nanjing Normal University Press