Our Sydney Campus is located on Sussex Street, in the heart of Sydney's central business district. The campus features a range of on-site facilities and is easily accessible from all parts of Sydney.
Campus operating hours
Our campus opening hours are 8am til 10pm. Students are not permitted on site after closing time.
- Computer labs
- Campus resource centre (where you can access a range of textbooks)
- Student kitchenette and lounge.
Victoria University's Sydney campus is in a perfect location for enjoying city life. It is within walking distance of cafes, restaurants, shopping, parks and the State library, putting everything within easy reach.
- Eat at a number of nearby cafes and fresh food outlets.
- Enjoy cultural centres such as Darling Harbour and China Town.
Libraries & learning hubs
- The VU library (located at VU's Melbourne campuses) provides access to ebooks, ejournals, databases, referencing and plagiarism guides and more.
- The VU Sydney Learning Hub has a selection of text books available to students. The Learning Hub is located on Level 1.
Lea Dawson, the VU Sydney Librarian is available Mondays, Tuesday and Thursday to assist students with research practices. Students can borrow books from Monday to Friday.
Access other non-VU libraries
Victoria University staff and students are also eligible to become reciprocal members of other Australian university libraries under the national borrowing scheme called University Libraries of Australia and New Zealand (ULANZ). By joining the National Borrowing Program, you can use other local academic libraries for study and borrowing. Membership does not usually include access to internet and online resources. Membership fees may apply.
Under the National Borrowing Scheme you also have the opportunity to join the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS), the University of Sydney and other University libraries for a cost of A$50.
View options for joining the scheme and becoming a member at another library.
You may also like to join the State Library of New South Wales as it is within walking distance of campus. It offers a great study environment as well as regular exhibitions and events.
As a student of Victoria University in Sydney, our student support team is here to help from orientation to graduation.
Victoria University's standards of practice and obligations to international students refer to the ESOS framework, implemented by the Australian government to ensure that overseas students have a safe, enjoyable and rewarding place to study.
Find out more about the ESOS framework and information for international students.
Contact us ([email protected]) to find out more about our range of welfare services:
- International student orientation
- Student activities and trips
- Housing services
- Financial advice
- Welfare and counselling
- Student equity
- Disability support
- Employment services
- Complaints resolution.
- Academic writing workshops
- Job preparation workshops
- Student administration services.
VU Sydney students have the opportunity to participate in a range of free workshops. These are designed to help students achieve their language and academic goals, as well as increase their chances of finding a suitable job while studying.
VU Sydney learning support staff
VU Sydney Student Mentor Group
The VU Sydney Student Mentor Group are a dedicated group of students who provide assistance on campus to fellow students.
- are primarily involved at orientation days and enrolment sessions
- participate in the important work of welcoming new students on campus.
- provide advice in relation to enrolment to both commencing and continuing students.
These are casual positions and recruitment for the mentor group occurs periodically throughout the academic year.
Student mentor position description outlines typical duties and selection criteria.
Students who are interested should register their interest via email to [email protected].