Find enrolment information and important dates for new Victoria University students studying in Sydney.
- Follow the process for accepting your offer, making sure you've supplied all the paperwork.
- Make the initial fee deposit payment (as indicated on your letter of offer).
- Organise health insurance, to meet visa requirements.
- Apply for your student visa.
- Book your flight, leaving enough time before your start-study date to:
- recover from jetlag
- adjust to your new environment
- find accommodation
- attend your international orientation session.
- Request airport pick up 10 days before you arrive in Sydney.
- Consider quarantine regulations when packing.
- You are advised to read our orientation guide
How to enrol
When you come to enrol, you need to bring:
- your passport
- your CoE (confirmation of enrolment)
- evidence of previous qualifications
- your payment receipts.
Once you've prepared your documentation, please refer to our online enrolment guide for step-by-step instructions on how to enrol.
Late arrival in Sydney
Make sure you arrive in Sydney in time to:
- enrol for your course
- attend your orientation session.
International students arriving on time
You should plan to arrive in Sydney at least ten days before your course starts so that you can enrol and attend your international orientation.
International students arriving late
If you are an international student and are going to arrive late, you must contact us by sending a communication to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following:
- given name
- family name
- student ID number
- email address
- course of study at VU Sydney
- expected arrival date
- reason you will arrive late.
The last day to enrol is the end of the second week of your commencing session of study.
If you do not enrol by this date you may need to:
- defer your studies until the next available course commencement date. Deferring will cancel your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) which may lead to the cancellation of your student visa
- leave Australia.
If you do not arrive in Australia by the date specified on your CoE - you may be denied entry to Australia by the Department of Home Affairs(DHA).
Impact on your university study
By arriving late and not attending your orientation session you risk missing out on vital information which may impact on your academic progress, such as:
- course information, unit choices and selection and timetabling (enrolling late may affect your ability to enrol in your preferred units, lectures and tutorial times as these may become limited)
- support services that are available for international students
- health, safety, housing information
- accessing VU's IT system and other VU Sydney services and facilities
- meeting academic and administrative staff and other students.
Enrolment - Trimester 2, 2019
Enrolment dates and session times for new students will be made available during your orientation session.
|Key date / enrolment session||Date(s)||Time||Venue|
|Orientation session for new students||Wednesday 10 July||8am||Grand Lodge, Level 1, Sydney Masonic Centre, 66 Goulburn Street , Sydney NSW 2000|
|Enrolment for new students||
Thursday 11 to Friday 19 July
|9.30am to 12.30pm
1.30pm to 4.30pm
|Level 3, 160 Sussex Street|
|Enrolment for new students||
Monday 22 to Friday 26 July
|1.30pm to 4.30pm||Level 3, 160 Sussex Street|
|First day of class (Week 1)||Monday 22 July|
|Last day for new students to enrol for Trimester 2, 2019||Friday 26 July|
Late arrival for classes
Your course commencement date for Trimester 2, 2019 is Monday 22 July.
If you are unable to arrive to commence studies in Australia by this date, you need to send an email to email@example.com with your:
It is important to be aware of this date and contact the University accordingly.
If you do not arrive in Australia by 1 August 2019, you may be denied entry to Australia by the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) if you haven't been officially approved by the University to arrive late.
Course structures and study plans for commencing (new) students.